Monday, July 9, 2012

Two More Resources on Sex

I got several inquiries about other resources about sex - here are several resources you might want to check out. David Schnarch is a highly regarded marriage therapist.  In an age when you had to pick either a sex therapist or a marriage therapist, he integrates both.
So, I'm bringing this book to your attention Secrets of a Passionate Marriage.  I've read the book at several different times in my life, listened to the book on tape and heard Schnarch speak, back in the day, at the Family Institute. I remember thinking his book was a bit steamy and graphic. I double checked the review on Goodreads to see what other people thought of this book. People tended to love it - although several people thought the author's ego got in the way. So, if you're looking for an interesting resource on sex in marriage, you might want to check this out.  Schnarch maintains that people have their best sex in their fifties and sixties.  That's good news for some of us and gives the rest of you something to look forward to.

The other book that I kind of liked is called Sheet Music:Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage. I discovered this book by Kevin Leman randomly on my Kindle and was pleasantly surprised.  BTW, this book is written from and references a Christian worldview. If you are not comfortable with that, stop reading now. If that is your worldview or at least you are open, I found this book to be rather delightful. No puritanical principles in this book - but a picture-  another steamy one of the gifts in store for married couples. This author does not tip toe around.

If you have resources that  you would recommend, don't hesitate to send them in on comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment